Sure, you can use apps like Strava to determine if you’ve overtrained, but did you know your body will alert you as well?
Here are (5) I’ve experienced:
- A colonoscopy sounds more fun than a bike ride.
- Your wife’s suggestion to sell your bike for Kirklands bric-a-brac is a win-win.
- The stairs look like Pike’s Peak so you search for the elevator even though your home doesn’t have one.
- Your vision blurs and the Strava icon morphs into Satan.
- On a recovery ride, you cuss a passing rider until you recognize that it’s your son on his tricycle.
I’m sure you’ve experienced other symptoms so please share so we can all be wiser as we Cycle Over 50! 🙂